Terms of Service
Welcome to altruWisdom! Please read these terms of service (“Terms”) carefully. Once accepted, they form a contract between you and altruWisdom (“altruWisdom”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) and govern your access to and use of the altruWisdom websites, client software, and Subscription Service (“Services”).
You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and only if you have the power to form a contract with altruWisdom and are not barred under any applicable laws from doing so.
The Services may change over time as we update or add new features. We may stop, suspend, or modify the Services or the content of the Services at our discretion, without prior notice to you.
Modifications To These Terms
We may change these Terms from time to time due to changes in our Services and the laws that apply to us and you. altruWisdom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make necessary unscheduled deployments of changes, updates or enhancements to the Services at any time. We may suspend or discontinue the Services at any time. The most current version of these Terms will always be posted on the website. If we make any changes, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you by revising the “Last Modified” date at the top of these Terms and in some cases, where appropriate, we may provide you with additional notice either on the website or by sending you an email notification using your email address registered with altruWisdom. We encourage you to check the date of these Terms whenever you visit the website to see if these Terms have been updated. Your continued access or use of any portion of the Services constitutes your consent to such changes.
You acknowledge and agree that altruWisdom shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services.
Free Trial: altruWisdom currently provides a limited free trial. No credit card is required to access the free trial.
- Regular Monthly Rate: the subscription fee will remain fixed during the Subscription Term at the then-current monthly subscription rate. Once you subscribe, altruWisdom will automatically process your monthly subscription rate each month at the then-current rate until you cancel your monthly subscription. You accept responsibility for all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription.
- Premium Services: altruWisdom offers a Premium Subscription Service with the option of a monthly subscription rate or an annual subscription rate. Once you subscribe, altruWisdom will automatically process your monthly subscription rate each month or your annual subscription rate each year at the then-current rate until you cancel your subscription. You accept responsibility for all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription.
- If you purchase an annual subscription service, you will be billed annually on the same day that you subscribed to the annual subscription rate. For example, if you purchase an annual premium subscription service on March 10, 2020, you will be automatically billed the following year on March 10, 2021.
Billing: altruWisdom accepts all major credit cards. When you complete the online payment form, funds will be deducted from your credit card in CAD currency. You are responsible for all applicable taxes and other fees.
- By using altruWisdom’s online credit card facilities you authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
- You agree to keep your contact information, billing information, and credit card information up to date where applicable.
- altruWisdom’s Terms and Conditions for online credit card payments are subject to change at any time. Each transaction shall be subject to the specific Terms and Conditions that were in place at the time of the transaction.
- Important security note: Never transmit credit card information by e-mail.
Cancellations or Refunds: You may cancel your altruWisdom subscription at any time before the next billing cycle. Once you have cancelled your Services, access to the website will be revoked, and the monthly recurring payment will end at the following billing cycle. Either party may terminate this agreement for cause, as to any or all Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, cessation of business, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers.
Suspension or Deactivation: altruWisdom reserves the right to suspend or deactivate accounts for prohibited acts or abuse of Services, or for non-payment.
- We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Services without notice for: (i) use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, provincial, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this agreement, (ii) violation of these Terms, use of the Services in a manner that may cause altruWisdom legal liability, or disrupting others’ use of the Services.
- We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Services for non-payment. We will not suspend the Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
Changes in Fees: altruWisdom reserves the right to change the fees for the Services at any time or impose additional fees or charges.
Your Account And Your Responsibilities
Upon acceptance of these Terms and completion of the registration process, you will have opened an account with altruWisdom. At this point you can begin using all of the Services. Only you may use your altruWisdom account. You must keep your account and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the Services on your behalf. You must contact us right away if you suspect misuse of your account or any security breach in the Services. You are responsible for all activities that take place with your account. altruWisdom will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your accounts.
When registering as a member of altruWisdom you must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. You must also maintain and promptly update your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If a third party such as an employer gave you your account, you must use it in compliance with that third party’s terms and policies. That party has rights to your account and may manage your account, reset your password, or suspend or cancel your account. That party may also view your account’s usage and profile data, including how and when your account is used.
If you are an individual user of the Services, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your account is owned by an organization and was assigned to you as an employee, contractor or member of such organization, then, if you do not change the email address associated with your account, your account may become subject to the commercial relationship between altruWisdom and such organization and controlled by such organization. The organization may block your use of the Services until you transition and associate your account with a personal email address.
By registering with altruWisdom, you understand that we may use your email to send you notices and updates associated with your account.
We may suspend or terminate your account if it appears to us that you are, or your account has been used in breach of these Terms or any applicable laws. Finally, our Services are not intended and may not be used by anyone under the age of 18. By accepting these Terms, you are representing to us that you are at least 18 years old.
In using our Services, you provide and add information, documents, files, and other content that you submit to altruWisdom (“Your Content”). We do not claim ownership to any of Your Content transmitted or stored in your account. You retain full ownership of Your Content. We also do not control, verify, or endorse any Content that you and others make available on the Services.
Upon acceptance of these Terms, you hereby give altruWisdom and contracted third parties that we are associated with, to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, display and disclose Your Content added on the Services solely to the extent necessary to provide the Services or as otherwise permitted by these Terms. We provide features that allow you to control who may access Your Content. Please think carefully about what you share. If you share Your Content with others, anyone you’ve shared Your Content with may have access to Your Content.
You will be solely responsible for the nature, quality and accuracy of Your Content. You must ensure that Your Content and the storage or transmission of Your Content complies with these Terms and any and all applicable laws and regulations.
altruWisdom shall use reasonable skill and due care in providing the Services. However, altruWisdom does not guarantee that Your Content that you store or access through the Services will not be subject to inadvertent damage, temporary unavailability, corruption or loss. altruWisdom will have no liability of any kind in the case of the deletion, damage, or destruction of Your Content.
You must immediately notify altruWisdom of any unauthorized use of any Content or Services that comes to your attention. You will provide altruWisdom with the necessary cooperation and assistance related to any unauthorized use as altruWisdom may reasonably request.
The Services contain the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of altruWisdom, and its licencors. Except for that information which is in the public domain, is considered fair use, or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
The Services also contain links to third-party websites or resources. altruWisdom does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, related content, products, or Services. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. You are solely responsible for your use of any such websites or resources.
Under no circumstances will altruWisdom be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on other content posted on the website or transmitted to or by any members.
You have the right to stop using our Services at any point in time. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time in our sole discretion, without incurring liability of any kind to you. Reasons for suspension or termination of the Services include, but are not limited to: violation of these Terms, use of the Services in a manner that may cause altruWisdom legal liability, or disrupting others’ use of the Services. In the case of suspension or termination, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you through the Services.
You acknowledge that if your access to the Services is suspended or terminated, you may no longer have access to Your Content and Other Content that is stored with the Services. We will make Your Content available for an additional fee. You must make such request with thirty (30) days following termination. Otherwise, any of your Content you have stored with the Services may not be retrievable, and we will have no obligation to maintain any data stored in your account.
You agree not to misuse the altruWisdom Services. You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. We trust you to use our Services responsibly.
You agree that you will not and will not assist any third party to:
- abuse or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access or attempt to access altruWisdom’s other accounts, computer systems or networks not covered by these Terms;
- scan, search, or test the vulnerability the system;
- attempt to access, modify, tamper with, or use parts of the Services that are not available of for public use;
- interfere with or disrupt servers or networks used by altruWisdom to provide the Services, or violate any third party policies of such servers or networks, or interfere with other user’s use of the Services;
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- promote or advertise products or services without appropriate authorization;
- access or abuse the Services in a manner that avoids incurring fees or circumvents their storage space limits;
- violate the law in any way including storing, publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, misleading, or that violates the privacy or infringes the rights of others.
Altruwisdom Proprietary Rights
The Services are protected by trademark, copyright, and applicable law. altruWisdom or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Services and other items used to provide the Services, including all intellectual property rights, trademarks, logos, and other brand features.
You hereby grant to altruWisdom a license to use any comments, suggestions, and feedback you provide in connection with the Services, without any obligation to you.
Privacy And Data Security
Warranties And Disclaimers
altruWisdom does not guarantee or promise any specific results from the use of the Services.
altruWisdom provides the Services “AS-IS”. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and except as expressly set out in these Terms, altruWisdom and its affiliates, suppliers and distributors, make no representations, conditions or warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or otherwise about the Services. We disclaim any warranties that the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of harmful components, that the Content will be secure or not otherwise lost or damaged, or any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Services is at your own discretion and sole risk and that you will be solely responsible for loss of data that results from the submission or download of such content.
You acknowledge and agree that any information or advice offered by altruWisdom is intended for informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical, financial, accounting, legal, tax or other professional advice. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.